As a membership organisation, the Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand provides support and services to community pharmacy owners. We are committed to ensuring members realise their professional and financial potential in today’s challenging business environment.
The Guild provides leadership on all issues facing the community pharmacy sector, including:
- acting as our members’ agent in Integrated Community Pharmacy Services Agreement discussions
- raising the profile of community pharmacy in the media
- promoting the value of community pharmacy to the public
- lobbying politicians and decision-makers to improve the position of community pharmacy
- advocating for community pharmacy with DHBs and health officials
- providing local events for members to network with their pharmacy colleagues
- supporting the profession by sponsoring pharmacy academia and the New Zealand Primary Healthcare Awards.
We provide our members with a range of business services and tools, including:
- an 0800 HR advice line
- free access to the Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Medicines Guide
- business networking events
- practice resources, marketing and promotional material.